A.M. Design Group (Cleveland-west graphic design firm) seeks experienced (2-4 years or equivalent), well-organized, detail-oriented web designer, who can work as a part of a small team in a fast-paced environment. Primary responsibilities include the designing of WordPress websites and working with our front-end developer to get them produced. The best candidate will have demonstrated experience managing complete web project engagements, from client download through testing and site launch.
A four-year design (web/graphic/interactive media) degree is required. Long-term potential includes management of all the firm’s web and interactive engagements.
- Interface with clients to define strategic, creative/brand and technical/functional requirements.
- Define, manage and provide oversight of project schedule for successful on-time delivery.
- Deliver exceptional creative and on-brand design.
- Provide oversight of “responsive” programming, HTML/CSS/jQuery and WordPress development for sites with custom themes. (Front-end coding knowledge is not required, but you must be proficient in working with the platform.)
- Utilize the firm’s quoting and billing practices to quote and deliver projects on budget.
- Demonstrates ability in wire-framing, creating responsive, design solutions and mock-ups for websites (mostly WordPress custom themes).
- Familiarity with CMS platforms and knowing how to make content edits.
- Basic understanding of programming languages, to ensure design is achievable, on-time and within the project budget. This applies to websites, interactives and e-mail.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
Recommended Interests (not required):
- Passion for technology and desire to stay on top of current technology trends.
- Working with marketing tools, such as Pardot (SalesForce).
- Interest and/or experience with e-commerce development is a plus.
A.M. Design Group offers competitive compensation, flextime, comp time, paid vacation, health benefits and a retirement plan.
A.M. Design Group has 25+ years of experience, providing successful design solutions for corporate, marketing, advertising and public relations communications. The firm serves clients that range from Fortune 200 giants to small businesses and non-profit organizations.
To apply, please email your resume and a link to your online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.